Saturday, January 26, 2013

Seasons 52 5.2K

Today was just a perfect running day:). We got up early for our first 5K of the year and saw a coyote in our back yard before we even left! It was pretty cold when we arrived in Winter Park so we took a little run to warm up. I don't usually run at all before a race and it actually really helped so I think I'm going to do that every time now! We didn't take cameras to the race location which was such a shame because it was gorgeous!

 
It's a Team Daaaaamn! reunion!!

 
I wore my new Christmas kicks. I've been running in Newton's for so long but I actually really love these Asics too now!
 
 
Track Shack do such a nice job of their events - there were just over 2000 runners and we all had a really great time and ran really well.


We don't let a bit of sweat get in the way of a great post-race hug :)
 

It's been forever since I did a straight 5K and I've become really reliant on intervals so the goal was just to keep running the whole time. I was shooting for under 33 mins ideally so I was really thrilled to see my 5K chip time come in at 30:34!! That's the fastest 5K since October 2011 for me:). I feel really motivated to do some speed work now and try and get back under 30 minutes. 2013 is going to be awesome!!

1 comment: